There's one little window on our house without shutters on it. It always seemed a little bare to me.
After I gave each piece a good sanding, I decided to prime and paint everything before screwing it together, so the painting process would go a lot faster and I could better control drips in between the two boards.
Once I screwed the top and bottom pieces on, I did some paint touch up over the top of the screws.
I decided to attach them temporarily with hooks, so I could make sure I liked how they looked before doing any drilling into the vinyl. I got these hooks vinyl siding hooks (affiliate link) on Amazon.
They are actually really strong and don't come off without some finagling. The bottom of the hook juts forward a bit, so I smashed it with my hand to make it more flat with the wall.
I measured how far down the hook was and added some wire wrapped around some little screws on the back.
Then I just slid the wire on the hook. I'm not sure how long they'll hold up in the wind without some more permanent attachment, but for now, they feel really secure.
It's a small difference, but I love the result. Next, I think this window needs a window planter to go with the new shutters.
Linking to: Link Party Palooza, Merry Monday Link Party 110, Show and Share 319, Inspire Me Monday 118, The Scoop 229, Inspire Me Tuesday 322,You're Gonna Love It Link Party,Tips and Tutorials 265, Peace Love Link up 13, DIY Dreamer Share 224, Wake Up Wednesday 127, Wow Us Wednesday 280,